Who is Moneyweb?
Moneyweb is a financial media group and a wholly-owned subsidiary of JSE-listed AME. We focus on producing independent, high-quality finance and investment content on various platforms, including the internet, radio, print, newsletters and via various events.
The company’s flagship internet brand is Moneyweb.co.za, one of South Africa’s premier online sources of business, finance and investment news and information. The site generates between one million to two million unique visitors a month and more than five million pageviews.
We are looking for an experienced graphic/web designer who has a solid online portfolio, showcasing excellent design skills for digital branding and advertising.
The ideal candidate has a growing interest in web design, UX/UI design and a natural flair for copywriting.
The successful applicant would join the marketing and development teams to help build Moneyweb’s brand, by promoting Moneyweb’s online subscription products, the Moneyweb app, events and sponsored content, with creative campaign designs for social media, newsletter marketing, digital advertising and other mediums.
This is a brand-new position, offering flexibility and the opportunity to grow within a small, established team. The position is mid-level and largely remote, however, if you live outside Gauteng’s borders, you will be required to travel to our Johannesburg Head Office at least twice a year.
- Build and maintain a strong brand identity
- Ensure consistency of design across our various platforms
- Translate requirements into design concepts
- Collaborate with the team to produce final designs
- Design digital advertising campaigns to promote Moneyweb’s online offering
- Design branded digital content pieces for social media and email communications
- Assist with the designs of article images, web elements and email templates
- Create and edit emails to engage our community
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Relevant graphic design degree/diploma/certificates
- At least three years’ experience in a professional digital design role
Professional use of Adobe Creative suite (Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Demonstrate graphic design experience to showcase a visual eye for an aesthetic grid and brand identity
- Proven experience in designing digital banner/display ad campaigns according to IAB standards
- Ability to generate creative ideas and interpret design briefs
- Ability to accurately prepare files for both print and web
- Strong knowledge of current digital design best practices and web production techniques
- Fluent in English, with good written communication – and some copywriting skills
- Excellent customer service, teamwork and time management skills
- Must be able to work after-hours on request
- Must be able to work proactively under your own initiative and as part of the marketing and development team
- Basic understanding of the investment and financial sector
- Experience working on brands in the financial sector
- Have an interest in data, graphs and infographics
- WordPress/WooCommerce experience
- Experience using Mailchimp and Google’s advertising platforms
- Front-end web design experience
- Have experience in video, multimedia and animation design
If you are working remotely, it is essential that the ideal candidate have the following in place:
- Stable internet connectivity – fibre connection preferable
- Personal computer with relevant capabilities necessary for the role. (We will provide the software)
How to apply:
Applicants must send a CV and cover letter (no more than 500 words) outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position and what value they can add to Moneyweb, to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to complete a test to showcase your design abilities. The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached.
Start date: 1 September 2022
Closing date for applications: 31 August 2022
Job Type: Fixed-term contract, with possibility of permanent employment
Job Location: Not limited
Subject reference: Graphic web designer
Moneyweb is an equal opportunity employer. The appointment will be made in line with Moneyweb’s Employment Equity Plan and Policy. Applicants not contacted within 14 days after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.